Fact About Smoking
1. For every person that dies from a smoking-related disease, there are 20 more who suffer from at least one serious illness associated with smoking.
2. Smoking is the cause of 1 in 10 deaths in the india annually. And tobacco use is the leading preventable cause of death.
3. Every day over 3,800 teens, 18 and younger, smoke their first cigarette. While, 1,000 teens start smoking on a daily basis.
4. A single cigarette contains over 4,800 chemicals, 69 of which are known to cause cancer. Second hand smoke contains over 7,000 chemicals, including 70 cancer-causing chemicals.
5. In 2013, states will collect $25.7 billion from tobacco taxes and legal settlements but are spending less than 2 percent of that on tobacco control programs.
6. Smoking increases your risk of getting lung diseases like pneumonia, emphysema and chronic bronchitis.
7. Every year, there are approximately 46,000 deaths from heart disease in people who are current non-smokers.
8. About 8.6 million people in the U.S. have at least one serious illness thats caused by smoking.
9. The shifting of the earths plates in the Indian Ocean on Dec. 26, 2004 caused a rupture more than 600 miles long, displacing the seafloor above the rupture by perhaps 10 yards horizontally and several yards vertically. As a result, trillions of tons of rock were moved along hundreds of miles and caused the planet to shudder with the largest magnitude earthquake in 40 years.
10. Every day over 3,800 teens, 18 and younger, smoke their first cigarette. While, 1,000 teens start smoking on a daily basis.