What is Love?
1. Love is a powerful neurological condition like hunger or thirst, only more permanent. We talk about love being blind or unconditional, in the sense that we have no control over it. But then, that is not so surprising since love is basically chemistry. While lust is a temporary passionate sexual desire involving the increased release of chemicals.
2. Love can be good for your health. If you are married, or happily cohabiting, in the long term you will suffer from less depression and live significantly longer than those who are single, divorced or widowed. But to get the full health benefits, you have to pick the correct partner.
3. A purpose of human life, no matter who is controlling it, is to love whoever is around to be loved.
4. Love is like a fever which comes and goes quite independently of the will. there are no age limits for love.
5. Love is kind of like when you see a fog in the morning, when you wake up before the sun comes out. Its just a little while, and then it burns away. Love is a fog that burns with the first daylight of reality.
6. Love is an untamed force. When we try to control it, it destroys us. When we try to imprison it, it enslaves us. When we try to understand it, it leaves us feeling lost and confused.
7. Anyone who falls in love is searching for the missing pieces of themselves. So anyone who is in love gets sad when they think of their lover. It is like stepping back inside a room you have fond memories of, one you have not seen in a long time.
8. You can transmute love, ignore it, muddle it, but you can never pull it out of you. I know by experience that the poets are right: love is eternal.
9. It is a curious thought, but it is only when you see people looking ridiculous that you realize just how much you love them.
10. Love is the very difficult understanding that something other than yourself is real.